All Southern Minnesota Nurses members are invited to attend the annual meeting on Tuesday, June 7, at Jake’s Stadium Pizza at 330 Stadium Road in Mankato. Decisions will be made regarding the annual budget and ongoing educational opportunities for 2017 and 2018 as well as sharing ideas for fundraising. Please see the attached flyer for more information and to RSVP.
Flyer: SMN Annual Meeting 2017 (PDF)
Post expires at 8:00pm on Wednesday June 7th, 2017.
Click here for full minutes (PDF) Meeting: Called to order at 1700
- Bylaw changes
- Current membership is 220
- BOD is short (1) member
- Elections will occur yearly to facilitate greater member participation
- Proposed changes noted in revised version of Bylaws
- Proposed changes were voted on by membership in attendance and were approved unanimously
- Encourage visibility as nurses when volunteering/working in the community
- Making Strides Against Cancer is scheduled for Sept. 28th. Information was distributed
- Bowl-A-Thon will be held on Feb. 16, 2014 at the WOW Zone. Recipients of this event’s proceeds will be Palliative Care and the local chapter of NAMI
- Interested individuals are encouraged to volunteer for event committees
- Budget was reviewed with a report by Treasurer, Coni Rodgers
- Discussion was held regarding the recommended distribution of funds
- A proposal was made to establish criteria for scholarship requests. Criteria would provide for consistency and equity
- Suggestions for publicity and raising awareness of SMN
- A logo has been chosen & appears in the newsletter
- The organization should adopt a tagline/logo. Members will be asked to contribute suggestions
- Effectiveness & cost of advertising billboards was discussed
- A recommendation was made to look into business cards
- It was recommended that the organization adopt a trademark color. A shade of light green was the most popular.
- Continuing Education
- Historically SMN events have been scheduled on Thursdays
- Information regarding upcoming educational opportunities was distributed and discussed
- A suggestion was made to include a membership personal page in the newsletter
- A request was made asking for volunteers for a FB committee
- The organization purpose & mission statement can be found on the SMN website
Post expires at 12:00am on Wednesday January 1st, 2014.